You know what? I'm still trying to figure this kid out. He turns 7 in a few weeks (April 3rd to be exact) and Joel and I just look at each other in confusion when we try to think of what this boy is all about. Here are a few things I do know about him:#1 He LOVES his mommy. He isn't shy about it either. He has come out and plainly admitted that he likes mommy more than daddy. Every night it is only mommy who can tuck him in and give him kisses. I don't mind one bit.
#2 He has a tender heart. The other day Emrie was upset about something and Mason came over and put his arm around her to comfort her and tell her in a gentle tone that "eveything will be okay:
#3 He loves pasta - and especially Skyline Chili pasta.
#4 He has way too many stuffed animals and loves them ALL. I've had to hide some away in the garage because they take up too much room on his bed.
#5 If he isn't rummaging around in the pantry or asking for a treat or watching Spongebob then he doesn't know what to do with himself.
#6 Mason is a cool cat. He doesn't show his emotions very often. If he's running late for school he just keeps his cool but picks up the pace a bit.
#7 He needs LOTS of reminders. Example: "Did you get your homework? Have you done your morning chores? Did you brush your teeth? Did you clean the morning room?" and then I have to repeat those reminders every 30 seconds or else he gets distracted.
#8 He loves to bug his brother (and his brother loves to bug him)
#9 He is extremely shy. Last time I went into his classroom to help out one of the kids asked me if Mason knows how to talk.
#10 He is a sweet, caring little boy with a ton of potential and I can't wait to see what kind of unique person he will be.
4 comments:
What cute boy! Eric loves stuffed animals and pasta too. :)
We miss him! He has always been such a sweet boy!
I love the part about the boy asking if he can talk. I'll never forget how I made him cry because I commented on his toes :(
So much of mason reminds me of Brandon as a little boy. You are doing a great job raising him!
Post a Comment