Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fathers Sons Campout

Joel is not a camper: He doesn't sleep, the food isn't great, the weather is unpredictable, it's dirty.... But he put on a happy face and took the boys to the Father/son campout last weekend. The boys had a good time doing sack races, sitting around the fire, playing stick-pull (which turned into "war" with a bunch of boys running around waving sticks at one another) and having wheelbarrow races. Let me just say that I'm glad they do a Father-son campout and not a Mother-son campout. While the boys were off playing survivor-man Emrie and I went out to dinner and did some shopping.

3 comments:

Lytles said...

I look forward to the Father and Son outing each year because we get to do Girl's night out. I'm glad your boys had fun!

Richard said...

Joel looks like he is having about as much fun as I did when he was a boy (-: I can tell that Gabe and Mason really had fun, though.

Fun and Festive said...

I miss camping. I remember how you and Amber always had the prettiest tent area.