Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother


I really feel blessed that I came from such a wonderful family. And my family was made wonderful because I have such a special mother. She is mother to seven children (five girls and two boys) so she had her work cut out for her, but she made it look easy. Now that I have three kids of my own I can really appreciate the picnics, camping trips, pool days, dinners, vacations, and all else that she planned.

My childhood is so full of happy memories that I can barely remember anything going wrong. She encouraged her children to be creative and allowed us to make huge messes inside and outside the house as we pursued our creative talents. She was constantly trying to improve herself by reading self-help and parenting books so it always seemed like she knew exactly what to do in every situation. And even now she has much knowledge and experience to draw from that helps me when I find myself at a loss.

She has a strong belief in a Heavenly Father and in the restored gospel. She made a covenant with the Lord that she would raise her children in the church. It is a testament to her unfailing integrity and unflinching endurance that she has kept that promise. I am grateful to her for her example of a woman true to the faith. I love her. I am who I am because I have such a wonderful mother.

Happy Mother's Day mom!

1 comment:

Fun and Festive said...

Thank you for the wonderful things you said. I am truly the lucky one to have a great daughter like you and you have multiplied my blessings with your family!