Monday, December 27, 2010

Inexpensive Wreath

Here is an inexpensive wreath that I made a few weeks ago. It only cost me $2.oo to make. Below I've given a brief tutorial on how to make it.

You will need a wreath form. I got mine from the dollar store. I also got the tissue paper from the dollar store. It's shiny and red on one side and silver on the other. I cut the tissue into 1 or 1 1/2 inch squares. You will also need a glue gun and a pencil (an unsharpened one, or one with a new eraser is best).


Wrap a tissue square around the pencil end placing the pencil onto the center of the square and wrapping the tissues up around the side of the pencil. Then put hot glue on the end. If you want your wreath to be mostly red then place the red side against the pencil and apply the glue to the silver side.


Then place the tissue with the glue onto the wreath. And repeat about a hundred times, making sure that you place each square close to the previous one. Once you've covered most of the wreath form with your shiny tissue then you are done!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lytles said...

Very cute! You are so talented!

Fun and Festive said...

Fun and inexpensive. I have made something like this with fabric and styrafoam wreath. This is also good in patriotic colors on 4th of July