Sunday, January 8, 2012
Halloween 2011
Here is a collage of some of our Halloween pictures from this year. Upper left picture is Emrie in her school costume parade. The costume she wore for her parade and for trick-or-treating was different than the costume she wore to the ward Halloween Party. At the ward party she was a fairy princess. For school and trick-or-treating she was simply a princess. She loves Halloween, not only because she gets to get tons of candy (this girl is a chocolate lover like her mommy) but also because she gets all dolled up - hair AND makeup!
My costume for the ward party was Cinderella BEFORE she meets her Prince Charming (her Prince Charming that night happened to be parading around as a green lego). Joel actually put some effort into his costume this year. He was lucky that we had all the pieces so he could make his green lego suit. The kids at the ward party got a kick out of his costume - some were giving him side glances like, "can a grown up really dress up as a lego???"
If you can't tell, Mason is Obee Won Kanobee (I'm thinking I didn't spell that right). He was so excited about his costume that he would try to wear it before Halloween but I wouldn't let him because he was getting it dirty.
Gabe used his creative juices to come up with a ninja zombie costume idea. We found out after looking online that there really is a ninja zombie costume which of course costed waaay too much!! So, instead I made the costume - and he even let me put face paint on him this year. We didn't have black shoes (black church shoes wouldn't look so good on a ninja zombie) so we used black duck tape to cover up some old shoes of his. To this day (2 months later) the duck tape is still attached to those shoes.
The weather was perfect on our Halloween evening. The kids stayed together as we went door to door. I was surprised at Emrie's speed and endurance that night. Now I know how to motivate that girl - candy!!! Mason gave up on wearing the plastic Obee face mask after the first few doors so I tried it on for size. Joel was a little freaked out by that.
And of course we came home tired, but not too exhausted to eat a ton of candy before brushing teeth and going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Great costumes!!
that is an awesome beard heather!
Post a Comment