And I also sell headbands occassionally. I have a hairdresser who displays them in her home where she cuts hair and also a friend of mine who is a trainer will sell them every now and then to her clients. Joel made me a website which looks totally awesome. It is 99% done, but there are a few things I need to fill in....But, it is workable and headbands can be ordered off of it. Here is the website: www.everbands.com
He also earned his webelos (couldn't find a picture even though I thought for sure that I had some...)
Then in November we DID celebrate Thanksgiving with the traditional Turkey and sweet potatoes with apple pie for dessert, but again NO pictures (I have discovered I am not very good at remembering to take pictures. Maybe if I had a way awesome camera I would take more pictures.) So now I will skip to Christmas. I DID remember to take a few pictures around Christmas time.
Here are the girls in their pretty dresses. I KNOW I took pictures of us getting our Christmas tree, but they aren't on my iPad or my camera, or my phone...so I don't know where they are. Possibly they are still on my broken lap top that I can't get to right now. If I find them I will post 'em - same goes for Gabe's Webelos pictures and Thanksgiving pictures.
We did something a little different for our Christmas Eve dinner this year. My absolute favorite dinner that Joel makes are his Bourbon-Glazed Baby Back Ribs but we don't have them very often because it is a little expensive and it's also not very healthy (or in other words it's "fattening") So instead of doing a turkey or a roast or a ham this year for Christmas I requested Ribs. He also made Cinnamon apples to go along with it (I think the Ribs and the apples are better than Chili's). I'll post the recipe in case any of you would like to try this yummy Jack-Mormon dish. I called it Jack-Mormon because it has bourbon in it, but Joel cooks the glaze extra long so that the alcohol gets cooked out. I PROMISE!! I think this is our new Christmas Eve dinner tradition.
Bourbon-Glazed Baby Back Ribs
5 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup bourbon
1 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon plum sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon mild-flavored (light) molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon hot chili paste (such as oelek)*
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 2 1/4 to 2 1/2-pound rack baby back pork ribs
1 cup sweetened pineapple juice
Preperation: Whisk first 11 ingredients in small bowl (Glaze can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate). Joel simmers his glaze until the alcohol is gone - about 5 to ten minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place long sheet of heavy-duty foil on each of 2 large rimmed backing sheets. Sprinkle rib racks on all sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 rib rack on each foil sheet. Fold up sides of each foil sheet around rib rack to form boat-like shape. Pour 1/2 cup pineapple juice over each rib rack. Fold up foil to seal packets. Bake until ribs are tender, about 1 hour. Remove ribs from foil packets. Transfer to roasting pan; pour any juices from foil over and cool.
The above can be done 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. (Joel does it the day before I think).
Prepare barbeque (medium heat). Cut each rib rack in half. Grill until browned, brushing frequently with glaze and turning often, about 10 minutes. Cut racks between bones into ribs.
*An Indonesian hot chili paste; available at many supermarkets, at Asian markets,and from mingspantry.com
OK! That was a very quick recap of the latter part of our 2011. Hopefully I will be better at blogging (and taking pictures) in 2012...I'm not off to the best start, but what's that phrase?: "There's no better time like the present" and so presently I have decided to be better. Hehe. We'll see how long that lasts!


5 comments:
Hey Heather, it was fun to see the rest of 2011. I also enjoy your cute sense of humor, and it comes through in your blog descriptions. I am also pretty amazed at your talents--we guys have no clue, but we do admire you girls nonetheless. Adorable photos of the Girls and Gabe. Please give them and Mason big hugs from Grandpa and Grandpma.
looks like you had a busy and fun holiday season! Love the pics - miss you all!
Sweet pics of the girls in their dresses. The ribs look relish. Bourbon?
Delish
Yea! You are selling your stuff! You are soo creative and talented and do such a great job with all your accessories. Great job heather...and Joel for making that website :). Ireland keeps asking me about that....dress :). I can't even put together a dress for my daughter :). Awe well :). I can do other things for her right? Like buy her a cute dress or headband made from you :)! Love you guys! :)
Post a Comment