Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Mom, you hate me!"


Okay, so yesterday afternoon Mason comes storming in the front door after school and the first thing he says is, "Mom, you hate me!" I said "I do? Why?" He then explained that I hate him because I gave him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in his lunch, "you know I HATE peanut butter and jelly" he says and then he further complains that I gave him his least favorite yogurt (key lime pie). I told him that I made a mistake and I was sorry (I know he doesn't like key lime pie, and I didn't realize that he actually HATED jelly). I mixed up the yogurts, Gabe got the one Mason was supposed to get. But Mason was very offended. Golly, I must be a pretty hateful mom! Poor Mason.

And then this morning Joel over slept (it was his turn to get the boys off to the school bus) so we had to rush the kids out the door. Joel stuffed a granola bar into Mason's hands and practically pushed him out into the morning air. The bus showed up when Mason was about five houses away from it, but he still just took his time mozying on up there. Finally Joel shouted out "Mason RUN!" and that was when Mason picked up his feet and ran the rest of the way to the bus. That is Mason for you though. The world should just run on his schedule.

*This picture was NOT taken yesterday. In this shot Mason was actually in one of his "lovey" moods.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Serena Autumn Simonsen said...

aw thats cute...even though he was mad. its still cute the things kids say!

Amber Joy said...

cute blog background by the way.

Somedays we just get an F in being a mom.

The other day Colton asked me "Why are you trying to make my life so difficult!?"

Fun and Festive said...

It's stiff peer pressure with the lunch sack scene.