Friday, November 27, 2009
Thanksgiving
This was our Turkey Day. The night before Joel brined his turkey then that day he and I spent hours in the kitchen preparing the feast. Joel was in his element. You could see that he loved cooking the turkey (I don't understand it), but we were happy to be together. Joel made mashed potatoes and gravy (ohhh so good) to go along with the cooked bird and I made sweet potatoes, rolls and apple pie. Gabe loved the canned cranberries, Mason loved the mashed potatoes, Joel and I loved the sweet potatoes and Emrie loved the Martinelli's. Before eating our delicious feast we bundled up to take some family pictures outside. Mason and Gabe ended the day drawing and Emrie entertained Joel and I by putting on Gabe's tennis shoes while wearing just her underware. It was a good day. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has given me my wonderful life with it's many different flavors (Joel is my favorite flavor).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Looks like a wonderful day. I knew Heather was a good cook, but this side of Joel, not a clue! Love the picture of Emrie!
Happy Thanksgiving! Great family picture.
Looks like a great day! We miss you guys, maybe sometime here soon we can have a holiday together!
We missed you at our table on Thanksgiving, but it looks like you had a very wonderful day together as a family. We are thankful for you and miss you all like crazy! Love the family picture... please send it our way:)
HOW DID THE TURKEY TASTE. I WAS WONDERING IF BRINEING MAKES A DIFFERENCE. I'LL BET THE PIES YOU MADE WERE YUMMY!
your hair looks super cute in the black and white picture...Heather's is nice too ;)
Post a Comment