Friday, April 9, 2010

Finger update

One month ago I had the surgery on my finger. This is what it looked like before the surgery:


Now four weeks later:


The doctor says that it is healing really well but it will take a while before we find out if I'll be able to grow a normal nail. With injuries like mine it is possible that I will only be able to grow a deformed nail. Or, my nail could grow in perfectly perfect (fingers crossed). Only time will tell. I can't use my finger properly yet. My nerve endings are far from normal. But I need to start exercising it and trying to function with it. Mason is grossed out by it. He won't hold that hand and I like to make him flinch by sticking it in his face now and then. Okay, that's kinda mean of me but Mason still loves me, he just doesn't love that finger.

4 comments:

Amie said...

that does not look comfortable. I hope your nail grows in correctly!

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

That is seriously gross.... I don't blame Mason for staying away!

Melody's Voice said...

Uck! it still doesn't look very good. Hey, you need to put my new button on your blog. Here is the code. Go here for the code: http://www.lapofluxurydesignsbymelody.blogspot.com/