Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 Weeks

Amber wanted me to post a picture of me pregnant. I'm 30 weeks along now and I've been this big for about the last 10 weeks. With this pregnancy my belly popped out right away and then has been growing slowly. For about 10 weeks in the first trimester I was terribly morning sick. But around week 14 I began to feel "normal" again.

We can feel the baby moving and kicking. My ribs are sore, occasionally I get heartburn, and I get out of breath quickly. In the picture below I had just gotten back from the gym. You can see in the background where Joel cut into the wall and his patch-up project which has been going on now for quite a few weeks.

Some women, because of pregnancy have to deal with stretch marks, or maybe they can't get all the baby weight off, but my curse is varicose veins - which I call "very gross veins." They began with Mason's pregnancy and have gotten progressively worse with each pregnancy after that. The pictures below are what they look like now. They are only on my right leg starting below the knee and going all the way down into my foot. They can be very painful at times and I have to wear compression stockings everyday - NOT FUN! But they are supposed to fade after the baby comes. However, with my last two pregnancies my "very gross veins" didn't fade completely. Because these are so much worse than any I've experienced I'll probably need to get something medically done to them but I'll have to wait about 6 month after the baby comes. I'm too young to have legs that look like this!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Amber Joy said...

cute belly. gross legs. {sorry} Thanks for posting the picture--now you really are pregnant in my mind ;)

Sue said...

oh you are such a cute little mama. so sorry about the legs! yuck. I hope you get some relief - talk to Cassie because she had that same problem and had hers fixed after Claire. She can give you some good advice on yucky veins!

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard said...

I had to delete and rewrite due to a mispelling. Anyway, thanks to our adorable daughter-in-law for making us such beautiful grandkids (-:

Lytles said...

I'm sorry to hear about your veins! I had surgery on my right leg last March (insurance would only pay for one leg) It took away the pain but not the appearance. (That would be another surgery that the insurance company will not pay for.) Good luck with everything! It's good to see that you're still exercising! I loved the picture of you standing in front of the mirror.

Melody's Voice said...

You look cute, gym clothes and all...I am sorry about your legs though.

Fun and Festive said...

Thanks for the update picture on your pregnancy. Sorry about the gross legs. Pam has this problem also.

Serena Autumn Simonsen said...

i love seeing updates on your life!

Unknown said...

Heather, you're so cute! I feel so huge already, I hope I'm like you and this belly stops growing so fast! And I too am not plagued with stretchmarks, but instead have apparently not so much elasticity in my skin :( I get skinny, but still have extra skin, so annoying! The ugly effects of pregnancy for our beautiful babies!