Monday, June 28, 2010

Gabe, Glasses and Peaches

I'm finally putting up a picture of Gabe in his glasses. He's had them now for about 4 or 5 months (maybe longer) and I think he looks so grown up. He's holding peaches that fell off our peach tree about a month ago. The peaches that stayed on the tree matured and got perfectly ripe so we picked them to make peach cobbler but when we cut into them we found that little bugs had made a home inside our juicy, ripe, peachy fruit so I had to chuck them. There were parts of some peaches that were salvageable but luckily I also bought peaches at the store so we still made peach cobbler and it was so yummy! I used to not know what the big deal about peach cobbler was all about but I made this recipe I got off food network ( I think it might have been Alton Brown's recipe) and it was sooooo good! I can't wait for next year when I can make another peach cobbler using my home grown peaches (they will hopefully have no little creatures inside).


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melody's Voice said...

Peach Cobbler IS so yummy! I remember making it with the peaches from the peach tree outside our childhood home! YUM-MIE!

Fun and Festive said...

Gab looks kinda nerdy with his glasses, but very cute! Warm peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream is the best!