Monday, June 28, 2010
School's Almost Out
Toward the end of the school year parents are invited to come to "Writer's Workshop" at school. This is where their child shares with his/her parent all the stories they've worked on throughout the year. Emrie and I went to Mason's class to hear all about his stories. Mason was terribly excited to have us come but I was a few minutes late and he started to get teary-eyed at the thought that maybe I forgot about this special day. But sure enough I showed up and you could see the complete joy in his shy little smile. He was just radiating with happiness and pride. His stories were very entertaining. And his teacher said that Mason is VERY VERY good at writing. One day I'd like to scan his stories and post them - that day will hopefully be before he graduates college. After the stories were read the kids got to eat cookies (Emrie's favorite part) and Mason got one final picture with his teacher Mrs. Fox.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment