Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blanket 2

This actually should be labeled "Blanket 1" because I made this blanket before I made the blanket for my friend Heather. This blanket I'll be keeping for my little girl.

I used flannel for the petals. It's a cozy fabric without being too heavy. And it isn't stretchy which makes it easy to sew.

The center of the flower is an adorable cozzy fabric for babies (I forget what it's called) that has those littel bumps on it. I thought it was perfect for the flower center. I also used an extra layer of batting in the center so it would be a bit more cushy. It's so soft I love running my hand over it.

The back of this blanket is a pink flannel-back satin. I like the flannel-back satin because it won't slip around so much while I'm sewing it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fun and Festive said...

This one is cute also. I Love the petal shape.