Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Year Later



About a year ago I smashed my finger coming out of my friend's front door. Last year I wrote a post about my injury and the surgery that I had. Below are a few pictures from 2010.





This is what may finger looked like before surgery. My nail had been ripped off, my nail bed was also torn off, the nail growth plate was ripped, I needed a few stitches, and I had a slight fracture on the end of my finger bone. This injury was pretty major. The doctor wanted to work on me right away and did the surgery during his lunch break.





This is a picture of my finger a few weeks after the surgery. I also needed occupational therapy because I was unable to bend my finger properly.





This is my finger today. The doctor told me last year after the surgery that my nail may not ever be "normal" again. He said it was even possible that it wouldn't grow back at all, but as you can see from the above picture it has grown back almost perfectly. It isn't exactly as it should be and I think I have some permanent nerve damage, but I'm rather happy with the way it has healed.



3 comments:

Serena Autumn Simonsen said...

ya it healed pretty well. Every time i see the picture at the top i just cringe!

Richard said...

It looks pretty good, considering how mangled it was...

Fun and Festive said...

It looks pretty good.