Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pinewood Derby 2011




Pinewood Derby 2011

Last night was Gabe's Pinewood Derby (his last one). Here are the pictures:








The car was designed by Gabe and was made by his patient daddy (with Gabe's help). It wasn't heavy enough so we had to add washers and then we also glued on a nickel, dime and penny.







I think Gabe's car is one of these racing down the track. It did pretty well but he didn't place in the top three, but he was a good sport about it.







The judges. I think that is Gabe's car in the lead there.







And no race is complete without it's own group of cheerleaders. These were especially cute cheerleaders, but not very attentive ones - they eventually ended up playing "doggies" on the stage.

It was a fun night.

4 comments:

Serena Autumn Simonsen said...

i didn't even know they still do this. it reminds me of brandon and aaron doing this with dad.

Lytles said...

I always enjoyed the pinewood derby! I miss going to them. I'm glad Gabe had fun!

Richard said...

Tell Gabe Grandpa Lytle said that he is a man, now that he's had his last pinewood derby.

Fun and Festive said...

yesterday Dad helped the boys in our ward design their cars. Good job gab!